Sunday, March 6, 2011

What words do you use?

Our Daily Bread
As part of my new class at church, I had to list the words I used to embody God in my life.  What words do you use?  I will list them out on my Tuesday posting since I use that morning to blog about my current church study class.

As I read the devotional this morning, I couldn't help think how I don't recognize the majesty of God in every day life.  In every plant.  In every blue sky (though we haven't seen many of those in Columbus lately!).  In every breath I take!  I get so caught up in my own wants and worries and "problems" that I don't realize that God is here.  He is with me.  He is with you.  He knows what is going on and cares regardless if we feel he is really hearing our prayers or not.

I know I forget.  I forgot a lot the past two weeks when I was going through some relationship issues that I didn't understand.  Didn't God lead us together?  Is God paying attention to the current state of the relationship?  What am I supposed to do?  Why didn't God tell the other party what was going on?  I finally figured out that God did tell him.  He chose not to respond or accept what God asked.  I understand how difficult that is.  I am still asking the question "What do I do next?".  The answer is obvious to me now:  put God first and love others as I would want to be loved.

Will loving this man be difficult after the things that happened the past few weeks.  Yes, it will.  I remember how difficult I can be to love sometimes because of the way I act.  God continues to love me and teach me things as I take the time to listen and be open to him.  I will take the next step of faith even though I have no idea where it is going.  I have no idea what will happen.  Life is not ordinary when you live it in God.  How cool is that?

Lord, I know it doesn't matter where the road ends up as long as you are leading...

Psalm Sunday
I find solace in reading the Psalms.  Psalm 4 is no exception.  Notice how the write links together trusting God and the results of trusting God.  Peace.  Rest.  Wow.


Psalm 4
    For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.
 1 Answer me when I call to you,
   my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
   have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

 2 How long will you people turn my glory into shame?
   How long will you love delusions and seek false gods
3 Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
   the LORD hears when I call to him.

 4 Tremble and do not sin;
   when you are on your beds,
   search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
   and trust in the LORD.

 6 Many, LORD, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?”
   Let the light of your face shine on us.
7 Fill my heart with joy
   when their grain and new wine abound.

 8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
   for you alone, LORD,
   make me dwell in safety.


Other Stuff
My eye is doing better each day now as it continues to heal.  I think I have a sinus infection so the pains in the left side of my face are from the sinus infection (I hope).  I need to see the doctor about that this week.  I took a decongestant this morning to relieve some of the pressure.

I am going to the late service at church.  Illuminati, a small group of the Columbus Gay Mens Chorus, is singing at that service this morning.  That will be nice.

I plan to spend the afternoon with Fly bear.  He was feeling better last night when I talked to him.

I had a nice time at the Bears (CUB) Mardi Gras party.  I got the prize in the Kings Cake.  Woohoooo!  It was nice seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment