Thursday, March 3, 2011

Who do you think I am?

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever asked a friend or foe that question "Who do you think I am?"  Me either...  hehehe  It is usually "Who do you think YOU are?"  hehehe  Followed by a "Oh, no you did-unt!"  Ha!

I think it would be a good exercise to ask your friends and family this question - Who do you think I am?  What kind of answers do you think you would get?  Getting feedback from friends and family can be horrifying.  hehehe  Probably the best experience I ever had was my Walk to Emmaus.  My sponsor asked my friends and family for letters or emails of feedback and encouragement.  It was astounding!  I laughed, I cried!

Most importantly, how do you answer this question to yourself when you look into the mirror?  The things you think about yourself are sometimes different than reality.  What is your reality?  Take a close look.  Ask God for guidance on answering the question.

Lord, thank you helping me see myself for who I really am.  I want to be more like you.

Technology Thursday
All I have to say about technology this week is... iPad 2!!!  Woohooo!  I LOVE my first generation iPad.  The second generation is even better!  I don't think I will be buying one anytime soon, but it has a lot of new features and lots of updates.  Here is a summary of the announcement today in California.

Faster, dual core processor
1/3 thinner than the original iPad
Front and rear facing cameras, the rear camera capable of HD video.
A little bit lighter
Much better screen
Graphics are up to 9 times faster
A gyro built in (like the iPhone)
A cool new concept for a screen protector
Some apps that used to only work on the iPhone4 will work on the iPad2, like iMovie.
HD output to a flat panel TV

I love this device!  I am a little surprised that there weren't a few other things added, like a removable media slot, however, iPad2 is very impressive.

Other Stuff
My appointment at the eye doctor went very well.  There is no swelling.  There is no post-surgery bleeding.  Very cool.  My vision is coming back in the left eye.  It should be back to normal in a few more weeks.  I have another follow up visit in two weeks.  I am very thankful!

My last D2 class was great.  Having dinner together before class was cool, too.  I will start reading some Marcus Borg material next.  Should be interesting.

Work was busy today.  Whew...  I will keep putting out fires as best as I can.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment