Saturday, March 26, 2011

What are you peddling?

Our Daily Bread
I watched an episode of All in the Family last night at a friend's house.  Archie did one of his classic "the Bible says this, Edith" lines.  It was hilarious!  It was also self-serving because he didn't want to go to his daughter's house for the weekend.  He and meat head were at odd again!

That is the way we can use the Bible or our relationship with God if we are not careful.  We can misinterpret the things that God tells us.  We can misinterpret the things the Bible says.  We can make the relationship with God all about us and how we want to live our lives instead of living a Godly life.

Is there something in your life that you are twisting around to your advantage?  It is easy to do when you are tired, lonely and impatient for what God has for you.  I know I have done it.  I don't want to do it again....

Lord, I am not always sure of your will for my life.  I want to be sure that I am not using things as an excuse for acting badly.  Thank you for your patience with me.

Simply Saturday
The Buckeyes lost!  Crap!  I have mixed feelings because I am also a Kentucky fan after living in the state for 20 years.  I really wanted OSU to move on in the NCAA tournament.  Oh well.  We will see what happens next year.  We have three starters coming back, but will not have the experience and personnel that we have this year.

I am driving up north today to visit family.  I am going to visit my great aunt first.  I think this will be a big surprise for her.  Then drive to my aunt's house that is only about ten miles away, then on to my Mom's place.  I plan to take her to a movie and then dinner.  Should be a fun day.

I had a great time at my walking buddy's home last night.  We had a great supper and great company.

I also got to spend some time with Fly bear before dinner.  I hadn't seen him in a few weeks.  We got caught up on things.

I documented my education hours and renewed my PMP certification on Thursday.  Woohoooo!

I scanned a Hale and Wilder duet so I could email it to him for review.  I would like to sing it with him at the Illuminati concert in May.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment