Sunday, March 13, 2011

Don't think I would get very far....

Our Daily Bread
Today's devotional mentions an experimental car that runs on vegetable oil and chocolate.  Those who know me understand that I would not get very far because I couldn't stop eating the fuel!  hehehe  I wonder if dark chocolate is healthier for this race car than milk chocolate?  hehehe

The point of the devotional is that we all need spiritual "fuel" to keep going in our relationship with God.  That fuel is the Word of God, the Bible.  I have to admit that the past few months have been great for me when it comes to getting spiritual fuel -- the Disciple 2 class.  I need to keep up the readings and study until the next one starts in the Fall.

I also loved the story of Elijah.  I forgot about his post-miracle depression!  ;-)  We all need to take time to refuel after a high or a low.

So how is your fuel supply?  Are you eating junk food or are feasting on the Word of God each day?

Lord, thank you for fueling my life with your love and your Word.

Psalm Sunday
Here is another psalm where the write offers up a lament.  I thought about this a little bit, then realized that God honors an honest, contrite heart.  How better to humble oneself than to bear all in a lament?  I don't feel so bad for the lamenting I have been doing lately!  God is trying to get me to be more open and honest with him.  To actually say the words even though he knows my heart.  God is opening me up so I can know and follow the desires of my heart.  Does that make sense at all?

Lastly, this psalm seems to have some "karma" theology in it.  If we do the right things, we are blessed.  The wicked are punished.  I mentioned in a class the other night that I am not sure that God really punishes us today.  I think he does worse -- he leaves us to our devices and the results of our bad decisions are even worse punishment!  hehehe


Psalm 5

    For the director of music. For pipes. A psalm of David.
 1 Listen to my words, LORD,
   consider my lament.
2 Hear my cry for help,
   my King and my God,
   for to you I pray.

 3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly.
4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
   with you, evil people are not welcome.
5 The arrogant cannot stand
   in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
 6 you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
   you, LORD, detest.
7 But I, by your great love,
   can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
   toward your holy temple.

 8 Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness
   because of my enemies—
   make your way straight before me.
9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
   their heart is filled with malice.
Their throat is an open grave;
   with their tongues they tell lies.
10 Declare them guilty, O God!
   Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
   for they have rebelled against you.
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
   let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
   that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

 12 Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous;
   you surround them with your favor as with a shield.


Other Stuff
Working a lot this weekend.  It is a good thing.  It is helping take my mind off some things.  I really appreciate spending time with my hero yesterday when I wasn't working.  She fixed lunch and we watched the OSU basketball game.  I had to go back to work before the game was over, but we found time to have ice cream at Jenis after work.  ;-)  Thank you again, my hero!  I appreciate it very much!

I don't know if I mentioned that I got the little token in the king cake at CUB's Mardi Gras party last week.  I am waiting patiently for the good luck to kick in.  Tapping my foot patiently.  Waiting.  Patiently.  hehehe  Been buying lottery tickets.  Patiently waiting.  Tapping...  ;-)

My eyes are doing OK.  I go back to the doctor on Wednesday for my next checkup.

Hang in there my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment