Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Am I not like Israel?

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but I have learned to appreciate the Old Testament writings about Israel's relationship with God.  Why?  Because so much of their story is basic human nature!  They don't trust God.  God lets them wander.  Israel repents.  God lets them in the promised land.  Repeat all through the Old Testament!

I am sorry, but this sounds too much like my life!  How about you?  ;-)

The last paragraph of the devotional is where I am in my life this moment:

"In life, it sometimes seems as if we are wandering in circles. We feel lost. We want to ask God, “Are we there yet? How much longer?” At such times, it helps to remember that the journey, not just the destination, is important to God. He uses it to humble us, test us, and show us what is in our hearts."

Why do I left my life be like the movie 50 First Dates?  I am like the Drew Barrymore character that doesn't remember the first 49 dates!  I have actually learned a little about this.  I told a close friend that I HAD to go through an unpleasant experience recently because it was the only way that God was going to get through me.  Stubborn and stick-necked Duane, just like Israel?  DOH!

Lord, I want to walk the road ahead of me, not continue to walk in circles in this silly wilderness!


Lifestyle Change Wednesday
I am exercising more. I am binging less, though I could still eat better.  Eat more veggies and fish.  Eat less fat and carbs.  I ate at a vegan restaurant last week!  Wow!  hehehe  It wasn't too bad.

I am down about 5 pounds or so from my start weight.  I will exercise more after my left eye heals.  I have been walking.  I want to start riding my recumbent bike regularly.  I can do this!  ;-)

Other Stuff
My left eye is going better each day.  I hope I am not getting a sinus infection.  I had one in January.  Heavy sigh...  I am trying to rest and rinse out my sinuses twice per day.  I also use a cool air humidifier at night.  Whew!

Work has been a challenge for me this week.  I am feeling the weight of all the things that have happened to me the past two months.  I haven't been acting like myself.  I am trying to be steady, but not doing a great job of it.  I will do better.

Hang in there, my friends!  I WILL be upbeat and steady.  That IS what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment