Monday, March 28, 2011

Drawing the line...

Our Daily Bread
I loved the text and the scripture for the Monday devotional.  While the topic is one of my favorites, it is also one that I struggle with the most.  Where do I draw the line?

Where do I draw the line at thinking of others instead of myself?  I feel that I think of others way more than what is healthy most of the time.  I do this because of some of the things I learned in my early Christian formation.  The problem is that I think of others so much that I forget about my own needs.  I forget that I can't minister or give out of an empty well.  I need refreshed.  I need for my needs to be met.  How does that happen when you think of others first?

God keeps telling me that he will meet all of my needs.  I will admit that I sometimes confuse wants with needs.  I am working on that!  I still have difficulty trusting God to meet my needs when I am thinking primarily of others.  This concept is very evident in my personal relationships.  I have a tendency to give too much.  I get upset when the other person doesn't give back or care about my needs.  As I wrote last week, I have been sorting out the people in my life that are "cactus people".  I am doing a better job of keeping those folks at a distance while still being a friend.

What about you?  How about your desire to think about others?  What is your story?  ;-)

Lord, thank you for helping me understand how I need to think of others more.  I want to trust you to meet my needs.

Movie Monday
Lots of movies to review!  I have been a movie fiend the past few weeks!  I think I am almost caught up on my movies now. Most of the ones I want to see are on video now!  The movie for this week is Sucker Punch.

Sucker Punch
This is a pretty wild fantasy movie that teenagers will probably love.  The girls are cute.  The girls are strong and conquering.  The fantasy and special effects are pretty impressive.  The story is odd, but it sort of works. In short, a wicked stepfather kills the main characters little sister and then pins the murder on her.  He gets her committed so he can inherit her late mother's estate.  Apparently, she was very wealthy.  The rest of the movie happens in the insane asylum and in the girls' fantasies.  Pretty wild stuff.

I give this movie 2 beare paws.  See it at the theater on the big screen for the special effects.

Other Stuff
Going to the doctor for my annual physical today.  I will post the results of my tests when I get them back.

I have a fun week planned.  I will see how it goes.  Lots of fun planned.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment