Saturday, April 23, 2011

We put the FUN in dysFUNctional...

Our Daily Bread
Each one of us thinks that we have the most dysfunctional family in the world!  It is like "Oh, my Mom!  You wouldn't believe it!"  "Gosh, Dad is such a trip!"  Every family has their issues.  I wouldn't say they are all dysfunctional!

The scripture for today's devotional talks about how God told Micah to tell the people of Israel to come together as families.  One of the things I learned about Hebrew culture in my D2 class was how the family is the building block for their culture.  I thought that was sort of cool.  I am not sure it is the same today.  Things have changed. From what I see in my own life, many people focus their time and energy on their chosen family instead of their blood relations.  Very interesting.

Lord, thank you for my family.  Help me appreciate and love them more for all they do for me.

Simply Saturday
Been an interesting week.  I am feeling better after taking the drugs the doctor gave me.  I am not quite as dizzy as I was midweek.  I won't be doing any triple axels anytime soon, but I could never do one of those any way!

I had a "friends night out" with a buddy going through a tough time last night.  We had a nice evening of chatting and watching a movie.  Good times.

I did a lot of my Easter preparations last night as well.  I don't have much left to do except clean a little today and do some cooking tomorrow.  I am doing my best to relax and enjoy instead of over doing the event and stressing out about it.  I can do this...  ;-)

A friend of mine has two cousins that graduated from college this year.  They are playing in the Ohio Senior Bowl football game this afternoon.  I plan to attend the game with his family.  Should be fun.  Both guys are being considered for pro contracts.  How cool is that!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment