Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What is God's will?

Our Daily Bread
I have been talking to some friends about God's will and about following the simple things in the Bible.  Simple, right?  NOT!  I think the devotional today summarizes what I tried to tell them and what I try to do in my life.

Here is the summary I really appreciated:
<>

What else do we need to know?  Following the things that we know are God's will, like in the paragraph above, leads us down the road that we should be following.  Why does it matter where it goes as long as God is leading?

Lord, thank you for clear guidance for a life that is not ordinary!

Lifestyle Change Wednesday
Blah, blah, blah.  hehehe  I will think of something to write here.  For now, I am trying to exercise a little more, as my health allows, and eat better.  This is Easter week.  Not sure how I will do with that.  ;-p

Other Stuff
I had a relaxing evening of going to the movies last night.  I saw the movie Hanna.  I will review it on Monday.

I did a few things around the house when I got home.  I am trying to keep the house clean so I won't have to do as much cleaning this weekend before having guests for Easter dinner.  ;-)

God's will is seems like such an elusive thing to me at times.  I don't understand how it all fits together with God's will for my life and His will for the lives of others.  Life really isn't like the movie The Adjustment Bureau (thank the Chairman!).  I will focus on doing the things in the paragraph above.  I will see where the road leads and who might accompany me.  ;-)

I received my Padres tickets in the mail yesterday.  I also figured out that my first day in San Diego next month will be Cinco de Mayo!  Should be fun.  I also found the SD Bears web site.  They have some social events that weekend.  Should be a blast.  I also have a ticket to the zoo one day.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment