Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I feel good.....dah dah dah dah dah dah dot

The title of this posting refers to me.  I have been sort of sick the past week or two.  I am finally starting to feel better.  The past two nights have been rough.  Not much sleep.  Lots of time in the bathroom late at night.  Feeling like the whale that had a grown man inside him.  Ugh...  Feeling much better today.  Thank God!

Our Daily Bread
Since I am a computer guy, I usually tell stories that relate to my experiences.  The example of the road signs in today's devotional remind me of a friend who had a laptop on a business trip.  He forgot his charger, so he did his best to make it through the short trip without having to buy one.  His laptop gave him a warning when the battery level went down to 30% remaining, then 20%, then 10%...  You know where this is going, right?  He did pretty well until the end of his important business presentation.  The laptop died.  He had no backup printouts.  How embarrassing!

God can send people, places and things to warn us of things that we need to address.  Do you listen?  I know I don't always!

Lord, I want to listen to the warning messages that you put in my way.  Thank you for watching out for me!

Teachings Tuesday
The last night of the Progressive Christianity class was a little odd.  Only two of us showed up.  Some where out of town.  Some just couldn't make it.  EP and I watched the video Jesus Christ for the Non-religious.  I am not quite sure what I think of it all.  Yes, it all made perfect logical sense in a historical framework.  I still did not like it that much.  I guess I am a "My God is an awesome God.  Why can't I believe some unbelievable things about him (her, etc)?  Yes, the Old Testament is filled with awful horrors of war and violence.  Yes, there are some traditions or sacraments that I find horrifying (like a blood sacrifice).  The bottom line for me is that there are some very basic things that Jesus taught us.  If we focus on those things, we have it covered.  I guess I am a simple man in some ways.

Other Stuff
Like I said above, I had a rough couple of nights.  Feeling much better.  I leave for St Louis tomorrow for a long weekend of fun.

There will be some special editions from St Louis, so keep your eyes peeled!

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment