Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Superstar!

Our Daily Bread
Remember the silly movie about the high school girl with big dreams of being a Superstar?  hehehe  Today's devotional is nothing like that at all!  ;-)

The devotional is about how some Christians during Paul's time made a big deal of who they learned from or baptized from or worshiped with.  "I am of Paul".  "I am of Apollos".  Nice.  Paul gently (and not so gently at times) reminded them that this was not important.  He emphasized that each person has a role in God's plan.  Paul sowed the seed.  Apollos watered.  God granted the harvest!

I thought it was cool for us all to remember our place in this world.  I also thought that it is important not to lift up others inappropriately.  I realized that I can do a little superior dance in my head sometimes when I think about the ministers at my church and the church itself.  We are not superior just because we include folks.  We are doing what God commanded.

Lord, help me see myself and others through your eyes.  Serving you is the ultimate goal!

Other Stuff
I waited until late afternoon to write this entry.  I finished my testing at the cardiologist and had my eye doctor appointment.  All went well.  The cardiologist said my heart and other stuff he checked looked good for a man my age.  That still doesn't explain the symptoms I have been feeling.  I will figure out what to do next.  The eye doctor said we are playing the waiting game now with my eyes.  I go back in three months after giving them both time to heal.  Patience is not my strong suit...  hehehe  I will be patient.

I will be in St Louis visiting my best friend by this time next week.  Woohooo!  I soooooo need to get away from Cbus!

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment