Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm a lover, not a fighter...

Special announcement!
I forgot to mention yesterday -- I celebrated 25 years of being cancer free!  Woohooooo!  I had lymphoma when I was 26 years old.  I finished surgeries and chemotherapy on March 31, 1986.  I celebrate April 1 as my day of healing and deliverance!  Woohoooo!  Praise God!

Our Daily Bread
I forget the name, but there was a comedian who used to say "I'm a lover, not a fighter".  It may have been Flip Wilson's Geraldine character.  Hmmmm.  Gosh, I am old!  hehehe

The devotional is talking about how followers of Christ need to show love and compassion for others.  There are so many examples of this in the Bible.  I find it the most difficult to have love and compassion for someone that doesn't like you or has hurt you.  Christ still commands us to love them as well.  Yes, it is easy to love folks that love you in return.  It is Christ-like to have love and compassion for those who don't!  Yikes!

I think that gay Christians deal with this concept more than straight folks.  There are soooooo many folks that don't like gays and lesbians.  Toooooooo many.  And I am just talking about folks in churches!  ;-(  It is sad that the followers of God can't have compassion for us!  It is also difficult for gay and lesbian followers of Christ to love those folks especially when so many hateful things have been said.  We all need to pray for each other!

Lord, I want to have your love for others.  I need assistance, please!

Simply Saturday
Not sure what I will get into today.  I need to do some things around the house.  I need to get some work done this weekend.  I would rather sleep and go to movies!  hehehe  I felt like cooking last night so I made some BBQ ribs, garlic and herb chicken and baked chicken with my own coating made from whole wheat flower and spices.  It smelled really good when baking!  I also made some Velveeta shells.  Mmmmmm.

I had a good session with the cardiologist.  Things worked out for me to get my tests done on Wednesday morning and early afternoon.  I will drive over to the eye doctor appointment after finishing with the cardiologist.  I want to do a heart and circulation checkup since diabetics have so many problems with this.

I went to the new Giant Eagle in Upper Arlington after my cardiologist appointment.  Wow!  Did I mention Wow!!!  I found the wine that someone brought to my NYE party.  I found the very low carb snack a friend told me about.  I found some amazing artisan bread.  I picked up a few other groceries that I needed.  It is a very, very nice store.  I will go there again.

I am going to the Emmaus service tonight and then dropping by a party being given by a buddy.  I can't stay out too late because I need to sing with Illuminati early Sunday morning.  I would like to make it back to King Avenue before the 11:00 service.  I will see how that goes.  I will rest Sunday afternoon.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment