Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bel Bows down? Really?

Our Daily Bread
When I first read the title of today's devotional, I thought it was baby talk!  Bel bows down?  Translated to English as "elbows down" or how my siblings used to remind themselves to keep their elbows off the dinner table!  hehehe

I loved the theme of the devotional.  I have so many friends that need to see this.  Who am I kidding?  I NEED TO SEE THIS DEVOTIONAL!  Ha!  There  have been so many times in my life that I let my worries and cares drag me down and affect my health.  I am normally an outgoing and friendly man.  I can usually make people laugh or smile with a witty saying or a goofy grin.  It is a gift!  When I let my worries and cares weigh me down, I feel like I can hardly move.  The real Duane is less than ordinary at that point!

The last paragraph is great:
<>

Lord, I want to be strong for you by letting you carry all my worries and cares.  

Simply Saturday
Wow, what a week!  Several doctor visits.  Intense days at work trying to figure out problems.  Being there for some friends that have fallen on hard times and need support.  Talk about needing the devotional today!  Wow!

I spent last night getting some things ready for hosting the dinner group.  I also tried the meatless meatloaf recipe.  It wasn't bad at all, but it needed something?  Mango chutney?  Ketchup?  Salsa?  A little sea salt helped.  Not sure what else to try.  Here is what it looked like out of the oven.  It actually looked and cut like a meatloaf without the grease of course!  I sent my hero a text to ask her opinion.  The dish is definitely a "go" for Sunday night!


I will finish my cleaning and decorating today. I told a friend about my multi-color sponges and flower combinations.  He suggested adding some different colors of Peeps to the decorations as well!  It will look very cute.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment