Thursday, November 3, 2011

Evian can't top this....

Our Daily Bread
I remember the first time I saw Evian bottled water in the stores.  I couldn't believe how much it cost!  That much for some fancy French water?  How much better could it be?  I bought a small bottle.  I didn't notice much difference!  hehehe  Oh well.

The water in today's devotional represents two things - water that gives physical life and water that gives spiritual life.  Jesus was thirsty, so he asked the woman at the well for a drink.  She was very surprised by his question, and even more surprised by his answers!

Jesus offers us the same living water today if we accept him as our Lord and Savior.  Praise God!

Lord, thank you for your living water.  Let it wash me clean and never thirst again!

Technology Thursday
Christmas is coming up.  A friend asked me last night what he should ask for if he wanted a cool piece of technology.  I asked him what he wanted to do with the device.  Read on it?  Listen to music?  Surf the web?  What price range are we talking about?  After we talked about it for a few minutes, we couldn't decide.  After I told him I had a massage scheduled for Friday, he decided that is what he wanted for Christmas!  So much for technology!  hehehe

So if you are looking for a technology gift for Christmas, I would ask you the same questions.  How will the device be used?
Read on it?
Listen to music?
Surf the web?
Manage calendar?
Play games?
How much do you want to spend to meet as many of these goals as possible?

Think about the answers and write them down.  Here are a few suggestions:
Amazon.com Kindle Fire:  this new device might be in short supply for Christmas, so I recommend pre-ordering as soon as you can.  It ships starting on November 15.  The device is $200, can play music, use Kindle books from Amazon.com, and surf the 'Net.  It is to be determined how well it does ALL of those things!

Apple iPad2: The iPad is almost legend by now.  It captured a very high percentage of the tablet market.  It can do all the stuff mentioned above and then some.  There is a price tag associated with that -- it starts at $499 for the 16 gig version.  You can buy this device with Wifi only or Wifi+3G connectivity (the latter requires a data plan with a wireless carrier).

Samsung Galaxy Tab: This is probably the best tablet for a non-Apple person (even there are a LOT of them out there right now).  They come in 7", 8.9" or 10" models.  They start at $349 and go up from there depending on the features you want (amount of storage, size of screen, Wifi only or Wifi-3G or 4G).  This device runs the Android OS which is interesting at times.

Other Stuff
I had a busy evening last night.  I started with a dermatologist appointment right after work.  That was sort of a waste of time.  "put creams and ointments on it. it will help".  Thanks a lot.  Oh well.  I took my clothes off for nothing!  hehehe  I had time for a quick nap at home before meeting a friend for dinner.  We had a nice talk.  I went to D1 class.  It was a good class.  We have been covering very, very dry material, so it is good that we can stay interested.  Next week's lesson will be much more interesting.

I scheduled my Chicago car show trip when I got home.  Woohoooo!  I haven't been to the car show there since 2009.  I am looking forward to it.  I found a decent hotel for about $100 per night near the Miracle Mile.  I used my $100 Southwest gift card to pay for most of the flight.  woohooo!  I will buy my car show ticket online sometime soon.  It will be a nice getaway the first quarter of the year.

I have to admit that I am nervous about my eye doctor appointment on November 11.  The cataract is getting much worse.  I will relax and let go of the nervousness.  This could be my last eye surgery if things go well.  Praise God!  I need to work around my busy Christmas season for the surgery.  Whew!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment