Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Peace, brother...peace, sister

Our Daily Bread
How many times do we make our churches battle grounds?  Christian folks worry so much about worldly stuff that we forget why the church was organized in the first place!  It was not to see who gets sole ownership of the keys to the kitchen or whose name gets put on a plaque somewhere!

The devotional spoke to me to remind me that I always need to come from a place of love in my heart instead of acting out from a place of hurt and anger.  It is not always easy as you see people who have hurt you, whether it is in church or at work or wherever.  I KNOW it is not always easy!  hehehe

Remember, whether you realize it or not, you are always wearing the church t-shirt.  You have to deal with others in a Godly manner!

Lord, thank you for the reminder today.  Please let me turn over my hurt and anger to you so I can love others better.

Teaching Tuesday
The topic for this week falls in line with today's elections!  Wow!  The Hebrew people were looking for a leader after the death of Moses.  We learned about Joshua, Deborah, Gideon and Samson.  Some pretty amazing stories!

Take a look at the book of Judges.  Very cool stuff.  The theme of "God using ordinary people"continues throughout!

Other Stuff
I got home as quickly as I could last night so I could work in the yard before it got dark.  I finished mowing the lawn and raking leaves just in time.  The pot roast filled the house with a homey smell.  It tasted great, too!  I got some exercise and worked on my music for the rest of the evening.  Oh, I did make a quick trip to Target for a few things and some Target gift cards for a project at church.  I had a little trouble sleeping, but got some good rest.

I plan to do some things around the house tonight.

Oh, God answered a fervent prayer yesterday.  I will write more as I feel comfortable.  I can say right now that regardless of what happens with our friendship, meeting a guy yesterday morning changed some things in my life.  Praise God!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment