Monday, November 28, 2011

Ya gotta Do right!

Our Daily Bread
This is a great devotional!  Do what's right!  It sounds so simple, but it gets complicated in our complicated world!  I think the biggest test of a child of God is wondering what you will do in a situation where no one would know if you took the low road!  Well, we often forget that God knows even if no one else might figure it out!

I told a friend recently that everything done in a dark place will eventually come to light.  That is sort of scary, but appears to be true.  Just ask the men who have been taken down the past year for lying or hiding their indiscretions!  Yikes!

Let us all act like every action is seen by everyone.  Do what's right!

Lord, thank you for my moral compass.  Please help me to always follow it!

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies at the theater last week and one on DVD.  I saw Immortals for the second time.  It was cool again.  ;-)  I also saw Hugo and Paycheck.

Hugo
Hugo was a sweet movie, but much too long!  The story is about a young boy that is on his own living in the train station in Paris.  The movie tells the story of the boy and his gal pal and her god parents.  It has some very touching moments, but like I said, it is WAY too long!  My buddy fell asleep!  Oh well.

I give it only one bear paw for being too long and boring.  Oh well.

Paycheck
This is an old flick with Ben Affleck.  He plays an engineer that takes on top secret projects.  He has that part of his memory erased after after each project.  He obviously gets a huge paycheck after each project!  The movie tells the story about his latest big project that has some complications.  It is sort of cool how it all fits together, though it is sort of unbelievable when you get to the end.  ;-p

I give this DVD one bear paw.  It was OK.

Other Stuff
I had an amazing weekend spending time with my new friend.  I had a long trip from Kansas City to Columbus yesterday, but I made it home just fine.  I need to unload my SUV and start laundry tonight.

This is a busy week with my dentist appointment today and my cataract surgery tomorrow.  Mom visits tonight to help me through the surgery.  It is not too serious, but I have to be careful at least the first day, and then be careful with lifting and such for at least a week or two.  I am looking forward to clearer eye sight in my left eye!

I also had a great time with my best friend last week.  We finished our Christmas shopping for each other, which is nice.  We are both so hard to buy for!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!



No comments:

Post a Comment