Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Strength will rise...

Our Daily Bread
I found two albums of dance mixes on iTunes a few months ago.  Not a big deal?  The dance mixes were of Contemporary Christian songs!  I listen to them when I walk or workout or do housecleaning.  One of my favorites is the mix of Everlasting God.  One phrase repeats many, many times "strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord".  I listen to the song over and over when I am doubting and being impatient!

Once again, the devotional was timely for me.  It reinforces something that God taught me earlier this week (read the Witness Wednesday section below for more details).  As I joke with my friends "I am tapping my foot patiently as I wait upon the Lord".  Tapping your foot while you are waiting is NOT being patient!  hehehe

I WILL wait.  I will grow in strength as God's purposes work themselves in my life.  I am NOT wasting time (the other point made by the devotional!).  Sometimes time and perspective are the only things that can affect change in your life.  I have a tendency to be too hard on myself when I can't learn stuff as fast as I want.  I want a Cliff Notes book for my life lessons!  hehehe

Lord, thank you for your love, healing and peace.

Witness Wednesday
I have had some fervent talks with God about some things the past few months.  Sunday night and Monday morning were no exception.  God answered finally answered my prayers in a more wonderful way than I could have imagined!  Isn't God great!  God used a new friend to remind me of what he has in store for me in a relationship.  I have no idea if this new friend is going to be a romantic interest or what, but God used him to speak to me.  God reminded me that I have been trying to "go back to Egypt" for way too long.  I feel there were two things going on.

First, God was using me to speak to another friend of mine that I was interested in dating.  The dating thing didn't work out even though I over-romanticized what was really happening between us.  God also used me to speak to him about some things in his life -- a prophet of sorts.  God released me from that responsibility on Monday.

Second, God wanted me to wander in the wilderness for a while to get some things straight in my stubborn head.  Being patient.  Having faith.  Not "going back to Egypt" by over-romanticizing some previous relationships.  Forgiving myself for not figuring some things out sooner.  Believing that the Lord knows the desires of my heart and points me in ways to fulfill those desires.  Wow!

I will trust.  I will have faith.  I will be patient.  I will NOT go back to Egypt.  ;-)

Other Stuff
I had a busy evening again.  I ordered my new tires from Costco.  I picked up a few other things from there as well.  I also got my oil changed in anticipation of my trip to St Louis next Friday.  I had some leftover pot roast for supper.  MmmmMmmmm!  I made a few phone calls.  I worked on my mens chorus music.

I have my D1 class tonight.  I also plan to attend a social that a friend told me about.  It might be interesting.  I will write about it tomorrow.

Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment