Saturday, November 12, 2011

God, only, knows...

Our Daily Bread
If you have read my blog at all, you probably remember my entries about my Disciple Bible study classes and the study of the Old Testament.  While most folks consider studying the Old Testament "nice" or "too scary to read it all", I have found it an incredible description of human nature and God's nature.  Granted, we need to read the OT in terms of the culture of that day!  We can't impose our current culture's values on what we read!

The devotional today spoke to me very clearly AGAIN.  This is has been an interesting week for me.  God answered some prayers as I reported on Wednesday.  It has been my experience, and what I read in the OT, that there is usually a low period or God allows us to be tested, right after a high point in our lives.  God allowed me to be tested this week about the stuff he taught me.  I have been doing OK so far with God's help. I need to keep remembering "strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord" and "I will NOT go back to Egypt"!  hehehe  The things I have been through the past few years have helped me start down the road to having a "quiet, confident joy" in my life.  Woohoooo!

Lord, thank you for working in and through me.  Please help me always remain open to your call and your Spirit.

Simply Saturday
Like I said, I had an interesting week.  God answered prayers.  I was able to be a blessing to a friend or two as God used me to reassure them that they are NOT alone.  How cool is that!

I found out late yesterday afternoon that my cataract surgery will be on November 29.  Woohoooo!  That is exactly when I wanted it!  I should be able to see clearly for my concerts and for Christmas!  Double Woohoooo!  hehehe

I am going to do a few things around the house today, like empty the dishwasher, finish laundry and some touch up cleaning.  I want to see the movie Immortals this morning.  You know how I am about my movies!  I plan to read this afternoon.  I plan to make a nice meatloaf for supper!  I LOVE meatloaf!  hehehe

Please know that God is waiting for you to call out to him.  He hears each of us when we pray.  Pray.  Believe.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment