Friday, November 4, 2011

God's Word

Our Daily Bread
Despite all the fighting among the different religions, there is one key point that we often miss:  the Bible is still God's Word.  We don't need to know or understand every detail about infallibility or creation or heaven (the list goes on and on!).

The point of today's devotional is that God's Word will speak to anyone who reads it and is open to the Holy Spirit.  Reading the Bible as a scientific book or history book or whatever else you are looking for is not a great idea.  It is a very small piece of the revelation of God.  It is the evolution of mankind's understanding of God as well.  God didn't change over the past few thousand years.  That amount of time is not even a blink of his eyes (if he really has eyes!).

Just as we change as we grow and mature, God wants our relationship with him to grow and mature as well!

Lord, I want to "grow up" in my relationship to you!

Foodie Friday
I have been craving meatloaf the past week.  I looked for my favorite meatloaf recipe and remembered this one that I tried last year.  It is a little healthier than many of the ones I used in the past.  I hope you like it.

Brown Rice Meatloaf

Instant brown rice is needed in this recipe because it has to soften while the meatloaf bakes. Regular rice would just stay too hard.
Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Standing time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Yield: Serves 8

Ingredients:

1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup milk
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In heavy skillet, cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil until tender. Place in large bowl along with rice, salt, pepper, eggs, ketchup, and milk and mix well. Add beef and cheese and mix until combined. Form into loaf shape on broiler pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-65 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F. Let loaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing.


Other Stuff
I had a busy evening again.  ;-p  I had an appointment with my counselor after work.  I got there early, so I had time for a quick nap.  hehehe  I grabbed a burger at Red Robin aftewards and then made a quick stop at Walmart before driving to church for choir rehearsal.  Rehearsal is fun!

I am looking forward to a nice evening.  I have a massage scheduled after work.  I am helping with the refreshments at the Capital Pride Band concert after that.  Looking forward to nothing scheduled for Saturday!  I am sure I will figure out a way to do too much (as usual).

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in His loving arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment