Saturday, November 5, 2011

Our greatest fear

Our Daily Bread
The TV show The Biggest Loser has been popular for a few years now.  The goal of the show is to encourage people to make life changing decisions and take actions about their body weight.  The results can be amazing.  The post-show stories can be amazing and heart breaking!

Our lives can sort of be that way.  We can make life changing decisions and take actions in our life every day.  The results can be amazing and/or heart breaking!  ;-p  I learned several things from the devotional.  First, if we really love God, we will try to do the things he taught us about in the Bible (love Him with all our hearts, love others as ourselves, etc).  We do these things because we love God and because these things are the best way for us to live our lives!  Second, face your worst fears by giving them over to God.  Take look at the closing line of my recent blog entries!  ;-) This is easier said than done.  I realize that.  What are your worst fears?  How can you give them over to God?  Let's pray for each other that we can do that each day!  Lastly, when we do the first two things, we can be a blessing to others.  I visited a guy in the hospital several times in the past few weeks.  I had only met him once.  I felt that I could be a blessing to him while he was there.  We had some nice visits.  When you have the fountain of life flowing in you, you can't keep it from flowing out of you!

Lord, thank you for your amazing love.  I want to turn everything over to you, even though that is one of my greatest fears!

Simply Saturday
I had a busy week, which is good.  I promised myself that I wouldn't do too much today.  I doubt that will happen...  ;-p  I already stripped my bed linens and am washing the mattress pad.  I won't go into the list of To Do's.  I may just chuck them all and go to the movies.  hehehe  Tower Heist and The Three Musketeers look fun!

I had a good time last night.  I scheduled a 90 minute massage with a buddy of mine.  He has his own massage therapy shop now after finishing school and getting his license.  We had a great time.  He did a great job with the massage.  I will try to get back to him once a month, if possible.  I went to church after that to volunteer for the refreshment table for the Capital Pride Band concert.  My church buddy Connie also volunteered.  We had a great time chatting and working and cleaning up.  The guy who organized the refreshments seemed pleased with the way things went.  I was too tired to stay for the end of the concert.  I went home and went to bed.  I worked sort of hard.  That caused me to sweat a lot.  Ewww!

So I have been trying to do better about some things in my life.  Mainly the "turning things over to God" part.  I did a little better job of that this week.  Praise God!  Today's devotional comes after realizing one of my biggest fears this week (or God reminding me of it).  Can I really turn that over to God?  Or, will I be like some of my other friends.  Some pursue the resolution to their fears in almost desperate fashion.  Some settle for less than what God has for them because they can't deal with it all.  I can't settle.  I won't give up.  I will trust in the Lord because He is worthy to be praised.  Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.  God wants us to be whole -- whatever that means to each of us.

The other thing that I had to think about this week is expectations.  My expectations to be specific.  I am a demanding person.  I demand a lot out of myself.  I apparently demand a lot of those around me.  I am not sure if that is a control thing or what.  Still praying about that question.  Whatever the root cause, I need to temper my expectations with love.  I can do this with God's help.

Have a great weekend!  Go Bucks!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment