Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Honor they Father and Mother... Oh brother!

Our Daily Bread
This is soooo weird!  The devotional today is about honoring your parents.  Guess who is staying with me right now!  My mother!  She drove down to take me to my cataract surgery today.  Talk about coincidence!

I think we each need reminding about how important it is to honor our parents.  I think it can be hard at any point in life.  We have a tendency to retain baggage from our childhood and youth.  We see the imperfections of the people who raised us.  They sometimes don't follow the strict rules that they taught us when we were growing up.  What a disappointment at times!

I learned that I need to focus on the good things that my parents taught me instead of focusing on the imperfections.  God wants us to look at each person this way, not just our parents!

Lord, thank you for loving parents who did the best they could while rearing this stubborn old bear!

Teaching Tuesday
The Disciple 1 lesson continues on with reading about the first kings of Israel.  Some weird and interesting stories in I and II Kings if you get a chance to read them!  I am still amazed about how God can use ordinary, imperfect people for his plans!

Other Stuff
As I mentioned above, I am having cataract surgery today on my left eye.  I hope it is the last eye surgery for quite a while!  I will let you know how it goes.

I had a couple of quick chats with my new friend yesterday.  He is such a sweetie.  I am so glad I met him.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment