Monday, November 7, 2011

Eyes wide shut

Our Daily Bread
One of the most ridiculous movies I ever saw in my life was Eyes Wide Shut.  A friend and I laughed and laughed about the soundtrack!  Oh well.

Unfortunately, children of God can walk around with their eyes wide shut.  We look and act like we are present and paying attention.  We go through the motions of being children of God.  We really don't see the prize before us.  We don't see the poor and needy around us.  We don't see the "post at the end of the field" that the devotional talked about that we need to "plow a straight row " when moving through our lives.

How are your eyes doing?  What u lookin' at?  hehehe

Thank you for eyes that can see and ears that can hear.

Movie Monday
I saw two movies on Saturday: Tower Heist and Puss in Boots

Tower Heist
This was a cute movie.  Lots of laughs.  Lots of "the bad guy gets his..." kind of stuff.  In short, the plot involves  a powerful Wall Street guy that loses all the money that folks invested with him.  The problem is the guy lost the pension money of the employees of his very exclusive high rise in New York City.  The former building manager plots to find the powerful Wall Street guy's parachute money, usually stored in an easy to access place like his penthouse apartment.  I don't want to ruin the ending for you, but let me tell you that a LOT happens after they find the safe in his penthouse!

I give this movie two bear paws.  Seeing it on the big screen has some advantages.

Puss in Boots
OK, I realize it sounds funny for me to see this movie!  It was very cute in so many places and I am not even a cat person!  Puss in Boots has spent his life trying to pay a debt.  When he follows a beautiful cat after a fight, he runs into his childhood friend and blood brother, Humpty Dumpty (yes, that is really what I said).  There are lots of plot twists and odd things going on.  One of the most bizarre was Jack and Jill.  You will know what I am talking about when you see it!

I give this movie two bear paws as well.  See it on home video.

Other Stuff
I had a lazy Sunday afternoon.  I stopped by the grocery to pick up some things.  Kroger had my favorite beef roasts for BOGO.  Woohooo!  I will put one of the roasts in the crock pot with some salt potatoes (thank you, my hero!) and some carrots.  I bought some French onion soup as well.

I stopped at O'Charleys to use the prime rib coupon I got in my email the other day.  It was delicious!  The server had some issues getting my bill correct, but we figured it out.  After putting my groceries away, I took an extended nap.  Whew!

Mens chorus was great.  I am looking forward to our concerts the second weekend in December.

Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in His loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment