Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Under reconstruction....

Our Daily Bread
If you drive the roads around Columbus (or Pittsburgh where I visited recently) you will see a lot of "Under Construction" or "Construction ahead" signs.  It is a warning to be careful for uneven roads, reduce your speed and watch out for workers!

The devotional today talks about this in a little different light -- building more mature Christians.  I love this quote from today's devotional:
"Apply yourself to the Scriptures and the Scriptures to yourself."

I can testify that reading and studying the scriptures, both testaments, will change your life!  What is God leading you to do today?  Become a mature Christian or keep on feeding on spiritual baby food?

Lord, thank you the scriptures that you left for us.  Thank you for being with us today!

Teaching Tuesday
We had a LOT of reading for this week!  WE had to read a lot of 1 and II Samuel and some of I Kings.  Lots to read!  It was very, very interesting to read about the first few kings of Israel.  Very interesting.  Saul, David, and Solomon all had their ups and downs.  We can read a lot about those ups and downs in the Psalms.  

If you ever wonder how God could possibly use you, read these passages!  God will show you that he uses imperfect people if they will only believe and trust him.

Other Stuff
I had a very busy day yesterday.  I had to get all my work stuff straightened away for my cataract surgery.  Whew...  I also got my pre-admission testing done with my doctor and my tires installed at Costco.  Two more things checked off my list!  I worked on my mens chorus music while I was waiting for my car.  I started the packing for my trip when I got home.  I made some time for prayer before going to bed.  It was a good night.

Another busy day.  I have a class at work.  Lunch with a friend.  A short mens chorus gig tonight.  Dinner with a friend.  ;-)  I love my life!

Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in His loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment