Friday, November 11, 2011

No separation anxiety here...

Our Daily Bread
I took a psychology class in college.  What a dangerous thing!  hehehe  One of the things I learned about was separation anxiety.  I experienced it when I left home to go to college.  I experienced it more recently after I broke up with my ex.  Life was different.  There is usually some anxiety with change!

The devotional reminds us that God will never leave us alone to face our perils.  I love that language from a Thomas Merton prayer.  God has been reminding me of this over and over the past few months.  It is easy to feel detached and alone in today's society.  God will be there to provide us strength to overcome the perils of this world.

Lord, thank you for always being there for us! 

Foodie Friday
Not sure what to write about this week.  Haven't had much time to cook lately, except for some comfort food like my pot roast.  I swear that I would eat like a ten year old if I could get away with it.  You know what I mean -- tacos, chicken nuggets, cheeseburgers, and lots of sweets.   I know better.  I do try to eat better.

I ran across some articles by Dr. Weil the other day and this book -- Eating Well for Optimum Health: The Essential Guide to Food, Diet, and Nutrition
http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Well-Optimum-Health-Essential/dp/0375407545

Some pretty amazing stuff.  I plan to read it as soon as I can.

He also has a site to recommend vitamins:
https://www.drweilvitaminadvisor.com/drw/ecs/Va2/land_goog_08girl.html?aid=999910&aparam=Google_S_dr_weil&gclid=CJbx9J_UrqwCFdAEQAodWyzmbw

And I have to admit -- I think Dr Weil is hot...  hehehe

Other Stuff
I had a nice supper last night, but didn't get as much reading done as I planned.  A friend needed some help with stuff so I made time for him.  God put us in each others' lives for several reasons.  Last night was one of them.  We had a nice time at choir practice.

I had something funny happen at rehearsal.  Three young men, the sons of a couple in the choir, are singing The Messiah with us.  I sat next to one of them who is like 17 years old.  I joked when we had to do our shoulder massages "Is this legal in the state of Ohio?"  hehehe  I told him "Don't worry, I won't go Jerry Cunningham on you..."  ha!  We got a good laugh out of that!

I find out this afternoon when I will have my cataract surgery.  Whew...  I hope this is the last eye surgery for the rest of my life...

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in His loving arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment