Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Old Faithful

Our Daily Bread
As most folks know, Old Faithful is a geyser in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.  It is known for erupting on a regular schedule.  After reading the devotional today, I thought of some folks in my life that erupt with folly on a regular basis!  hehehe  I have to admit that I do it sometimes as well!  Yikes!

I also admit that I have trouble with what comes out of my mouth sometimes.  I don't always stop to figure out what the kind, loving answer should be.  I am just human.  I can, however, be more disciplined about many things in my life (see below).

Lord, I want to measure every word by the high standard that you set for us in your Word!

Witness Wednesday
As I mentioned above, God is working on me about my self-discipline.  There is so much room to grow!  I have to balance between being patient with myself (and not getting down on myself) and moving forward in my life.  God calls each of us to holiness and purity.  Those are not words usually used to describe me!  ;-(  The words usually used to describe me are horny and playful!  Double yikes!

It is difficult for me to  back off my "folly".  It is OK to be playful and funny as long as it is not a distraction from my witness for God.  I know I have made some folks' days by my humor many times over the years.  Letting that humor or other statements digress into folly can be a fine line!

The other area I am working on is moving towards the "adult" stage of loving.  I recently sent a friend an email apologizing for getting angry during an interaction we had last month.  I felt like he lied to my face to hide something he was ashamed of.  I called him on it with angry words.  In my email, I explained why I got so angry and apologized.  I try to make my love unconditional, but again, I am only human.  Forgiving my brother 7 or 70 or 77 or 490 times, however you read that passage, should be my attitude.  Accepting the person where he or she is, lovingly chiding and prayerfully supporting them in their journey.  I am not saying you should hold these folks as your closest friends.  I find that too difficult for words.  I am saying we can't totally exclude them.  You could be bringing light to a dark place in their lives.  What a blessing that can be!

Please pray about how today's devotional applies to your life.  I will keep praying for my transformation!

Other Stuff
I had a busy evening.  I had a dentist appointment.  My cleaning went well, but I found out I need to have a crown replaced.  I guess my bite IS worse than my bark!  hehehe  We scheduled that for the Monday after Thanksgiving.  I picked up my shirts from the laundry, returned my Halloween candy to Target, and then went home to make supper.  After supper, I visited my friend in the hospital.  I won't be able to visit again until Saturday, if he is still at OSU.  He will probably transfer back to the Dayton area sometime this week.  It is amazing that he doesn't require the serious surgery that we came to OSU for!  Praise God!

I got home and fell into bed.  I felt much better than Monday, but was tired by 9:00.  I am feeling OK today.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in His loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment