Monday, November 14, 2011

Goodness in grief

Our Daily Bread
Whenever grief strikes us, regardless of the form, we have a tendency to question God rather than dwell on God's goodness.  It is only human.  The grief could be the loss of a loved one, the separation of a relationship, etc.  I tease my best friend that grief does NOT in include Lord and Taylor closing in St Louis!  hehehe  I guess we all experience grief in many ways!  hehehe

The devotional talks about the prophet Jeremiah grieving during and after the destruction of Jerusalem.  He had warned them about the horrible event, but they turned a deaf ear.  How often do we turn a deaf ear to the warnings that God sends us through friends, sermons, Bible studies, etc. in our lives.  We sometimes need the robot from Lost in Space to yell at us "Danger, Will Robinson, danger!"  hehehe  We sometimes let ourselves go because we don't see any immediate danger or consequences.  Yikes!

Jeremiah saw God's goodness in everything during his grief.  God has been there so many times during Israel's history.  God will be there again for us just like he was for Israel!  His goodness endures forever!

Lord, thank you for the warnings.  Thank you for being there for us during our grief.


Movie Monday
I saw the movie Immortals in 3D on Saturday.  It was interesting.  In short, the story was about Theseus, a bastard peasant that was mentored by Zeus disguised in human form.  The guy playing Theseus was very handsome.  There were lots of scantily clad men so you know why I went to see it!  hehehe  Micky Roarke played King Hyperion, the bad guy in the movie.  He did a great job at that!  I liked the movie even though there was a LOT of blood shed!

I give it two stars.  See it at the theater, in 3D or not, for the full effect!

Other Stuff
I had a restful day (at least for me!).  I went to church.  Went home and made a nice lunch.  Took a nice nap.  Went to mens chorus rehearsal.  It was a good day!

I hope my new tires arrive at Costco today.  Tonight would be the most convenient night to get them installed.  I have stuff going on after work the other nights this week.  I leave for St Louis at lunch time on Friday.  I am looking forward to vacation.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in His loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment