Monday, August 6, 2012

Confidence in God's presence

Our Daily Bread
I saw the movie trailer for the new James Bond movie yesterday.  It looks as exciting as usual!  I used to love the titles of those movies.  My favorite is "Never say never again".  ha!

The devotional is about the words "always" and "never".  I love the assurance that God is always with us and he will never leave us!  wow!  We can truly never say never again!  ;-)  When going through the good times and the bad times in life, it is comforting to know that we can take refuge in him.  We also have the responsibility to encourage others with this gift!

Lord, thank you for always being with us.  We thank you and praise you!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies last week: Ted and Total Recall.

Ted
I am a little embarrassed to admit I saw this movie.  It is R rated for the dirty talk and sexual references.  It is from the creators of the Family Guy TV show, which should have been my first clue it would not be appropriate for me.  It was like a train wreck that I couldn't take my eyes off of.  When I wasn't totally offended by the sophomoric humor, I usually laughed.  Some of the scenes were "pee-in-my-pants" funny.  If you decide to see this movie (if you are a Family Guy fan), then wait for the DVD (or Netflix).

I give this movie one bear paw.  Lots of dirty language and sexual references.

Total Recall
This movie was a pleasant surprise.  I wasn't thrilled to see another remade of another Arnold movie, but it was good.  They changed the story to make it very different, but very much the same.  Colin Farrell was very hot in this movie.  Seeing him was worth the price of the ticket!  hehehe  The story line changes, the stuff the kept the same, the special effects and the story twists were great!  It is definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

I give this movie two bear paws.  See it on the big screen.

NOTE: I scored some free passes to see a preview of The Odd Life of Timothy Green tomorrow night.  woohooo!

**************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

u r a BCOG.  U r FAWM.  Now believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment