Monday, August 27, 2012

He's got your back

Our Daily Bread
I like all kinds of movies, but one of my favorite types is when one character says to another "I got your back".  They usually do a quick man hug and walk into the face of danger!

While we probably don't face a lot of danger in our daily lives, Jesus "has our backs".  He lived a mortal life. He understands what its like to be tempted.  He understands how hard it is to do our Father's will even when it will be devastating to us.  He is also our intercessor to God on our behalves.  Thank you, Jesus!

Are you going through some changes in your life?  What does your new normal look like?  Ask God to help you find it today.

Jesus, thank you for being there for us.  We know we can always rely on your.

Movie Monday
I am enjoying my last weeks of summer by seeing more movies!  I saw three this week: two at the theater and on one Bluray in my home theater.  Two of them happened to be about the trials and tribulations of young girls.  I didn't think about that until I wrote this posting.

Winter's Bone
This was not exactly the feel good movie of the year, but it was very good.  The story line was interesting even though it was very harsh.  Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, they did.  In short, a 17 year old girl who is taking care of her two siblings and a sick mother faces almost insurmountable odds of finding her father before his court date.  He put the family house up for bail money.  If he didn't show up for court, the family would lose the house.  You will be surprised and shocked and inspired by the story.

I give this three bear paws for the acting and strength of the story.  Only available on DVD or Bluray now.

Beasts of the Southern Wild
This is another movie with a young girl, six years old, at the center of the story.  She has my vote for an Academy Award at this tender age.  She was amazing.  The story is about the area outside the levees in New Orleans called the Bathtub.  There is a whole subculture there that I never heard about on the news.  The girl has some unique qualities and an indomitable spirit.  You might be a little bored because it moves a little slow at times.  It is eye opening and inspiring and scary all at the same time seeing things through the eyes of this little girl.

I give this one two bear paws.  It is leaving the theaters soon.  It will be available on DVD shortly afterwards.

Premium Rush
Wow!  I really liked this movie.  It was very smartly done.  Good story line.  Amazing camera work.  The bike tricks were amazing.  The story is about a bicycle messenger in NYC that gets a "premium rush" order to deliver an envelope.  He gets caught up in the wicked web of a corrupt police officer who makes his life miserable until the envelope is delivered safely.  My only complaint is that the way the movie "shifts time periods" throughout to give you all the parts of the story leading up to the finale.

I give this one three bear paws for the action, acting, story and camera work.  See it at the movies or wait for the video.

*******************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment