Thursday, August 16, 2012

Watch out, AEP...

Our Daily Bread
Several of my friends experienced long power outages during the storms in Columbus last month.  It was not a pleasant thing.  Lots of trees down and damage done, including lost food from freezers being off for days on end.  It was awful!  Why can't we have a safe, uninterrupted power source!  What would happen to AEP if God were in the electric power business?  ha!

While it would be great to have consistent electric power during any crisis, we know we do have a constant source of power and strength in our God!  Like the devotional said, the problem is that we are often "plugged into ourselves" instead of our Lord.  We try to be spiritual Energizer bunnies, but quickly run out of power.  We can't keep going and going without a recharge!

Thank you, Lord, for being our consistent source of power, strength and love.

Technology Thursday
There are a few things going on in the technology world this week.  Still sort of boring to me.

Speculation about the iPhone 5
I think I see a new article about the new iPhone 5 every day.  It is funny how folks have to speculate about it.  Why can't we just wait and see?  ;-p  Some of the things they are talking about are: larger screen, smaller dock adapter, 4G LTE, and better battery life.  We will see what the final version looks like.

Mohawk -- the new geek chic
The mark of a geek used to be a pocket protector.  Apparently, one of the engineers on the NASA Mars project is a young geek with a Mohawk.  I think my Mohawk days are behind me...  I am just saying...

Mars
Speaking of Mars, the pictures are amazing if you haven't seen any of them yet.  I also love all the comics that folks are posting about the Martians responses to our landing!  What a hoot!

Google layoffs
Google bought Motorola Mobile recently.  They announced that 4,000 folks would be laid off in cost cutting moves and in removing duplicate jobs.  I feel bad for the folks losing their jobs.

***********************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!



No comments:

Post a Comment