Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Unlimited

Our Daily Bread
I am sort of a phone geek.  I like looking at new mobile phones and researching the best voice and data plans.  Yes, I know I need to get a life!  ha!  I was "grandfathered" in so I could keep my "unlimited" data plan on my iPhone.  AT&T and most of the other wireless carriers don't offer unlimited plans any more.  Even those of us that have them can get slowed down if we use too much data in a month!

God is not like that.  Our God is truly unlimited in power and glory!  Praise God!  Friends look at me strange (OK, stranger than normal) when I tell them that the Bible is just the Cliff Notes about God.  The blue sky above, as unbelievably large as it is, cannot hold all the things that could be written about our God!  Unlimited!

My favorite part of this conversation is the part when I remind them that this amazing God wants a personal relationship with him!  That completely blows my mind!  Talk about knowing someone very, very important! Talk to God today.  Seek him out.  He is there.

Lord, we thank you and praise you for all our little minds can understand about you!

Teaching Tuesday
We will look at secret number 12 from the 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People
Have realistic expectations.

Wow!  This one really struck home to me.  There were several angles to it, not all of which I took issue with.  First, happy folks usually like what they have and usually want only what is in their grasp.  For example, if you make $25,000 per year and have a goal to buy a new Ferrari, you will probably not be happy.  If you have a goal to own a new Chevy Cruze, you could achieve your goal and be happy with a nice car!

Second, having unrealistic expectations of the people around you can lead to unhappiness.  If you family is not the ideal family.  If your relationship is not the ideal relationship.  If your coworkers are not the deal coworkers, get over it.  The chances are you are not ideal either!

Lastly, having unrealistic expectations for yourself can lead to unhappiness.  There is a pattern for happy people to have goals aligned with their available resources.  I have a big ol' teddy bear body.  I will never be an Olympic gymnast.  If I set a goal to be an Olympic gymnast, I will always be disappointed with myself!  Set realistic, achievable goals for yourself.  There is a fine line between pushing yourself and putting yourself down!

Be happy!

****************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment