Friday, August 17, 2012

Up in lights...

Our Daily Bread
Every young actor dreams about having their name up in lights!  There is something about having your name on a marquee that screams "You have arrived!  You are a star!".  The devotional today is about being a light instead of having our name up in lights.

Most folks don't realize that they are constantly being watched by someone, somehow.  It always amazes me.  An example is something I experienced on one of my vacations.  I left the hotel to grab a snack.  When I got back to my room, I started chatting with someone online.  He happened to be nearby and asked me if I was enjoying my snack!  He saw me walking back to the hotel from the 7-Eleven!  OMG!  Yes, it is scary.

Being watched is also two more things: a huge responsibility as a Christian and an opportunity to show our faith.  Like the football player in the devotional, most of us usually try to do our best when someone we care about is watching us.  God is watching us all the time!  Shouldn't we try to do the best we can for him?  Being watched is also an opportunity to show our faith to others when we least expect it.  A smile.  A kind word.  Helping someone in need.  There are so many ways we can show our faith to others.

Let us all agree to be a light today!

Lord, thank you for being the unending power source for our lights to the world!

Foodie Friday
If you read my Foodie Friday entries for the past two weeks, you saw my recipe for the Summer Farro salad.  I loved the taste of that grain!  I found a BUNCH of other recipes for it (since I bought three pounds of it!).  Here is the link to the multitude of recipes from 101cookbooks.com.  Here are a few of the highlights for me.


Pierce Street Vegetarian Chili - May 13, 2009
The best pot of chili I've made in years. A vegetarian chili recipe Inspired by a bunch of those little bags of remnant grains and pulses that collect in my cupboards - bulgur, farro, and lentils, join chile peppers, crushed tomatoes, some chickpeas, and a secret ingredient.



Pounded Walnut Strozzapreti - December 20, 2009
Inspired by Mona Talbott's recipe in the new Coco cookbook, a pounded walnut pesto with marjoram and parsley, tossedwith farro pasta and Pecorino cheese. NOTE: I will probably try this with farro grain instead of the farro pasta.


Heather's Farro - May 22, 2008
A farro recipe I did for my sister's baby shower. Farro, a citrus dressing, roasted spring onions, yellow split peas, fresh peas, a bit of mixed salad greens, and a touch of goat cheese and chives.


*************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment