Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Life comes at you fast

Our Daily Bread
Nationwide Insurance had a cool series of commercials where odd things happened very quickly to folks, like a weird car accident because of GPS, squirrels causing boats to fly in the air, and other situations that seemed unlikely, but they can happen.  Life does come at your fast, often with life changing consequences!

Think about the life of Paul.  He was Saul, an up and coming Jew that persecuted the Christians until life came at him fast!  God called Saul to change his life so completely, he gave him a new name!  I don't think God will do that with us, but it is an amazing story!

Like I wrote in my blog yesterday "be open to new ideas".  Be open to the new ideas that God has for your life!

Lord, thank you for being willing and able to help us change our lives for the better.

Workout Wednesday
Metabolism
I have been at a weight loss plateau for a few months now.  Part of the issue is that I have been pushing myself physically at the gym to firm up my body and build my upper body.  I have had strong legs for the better part of my life, but never worked on my upper body strength that much.  I was teasing a friend last night that I can now do the "pec pops of love" like Wayne Johnson did in the The Lost Island movie.  ha!

After talking with another friend who has lost weight, we did some research about weight loss and metabolism.  We found articles about your metabolism changing after you lose 10% of your body weight.  Your body is always in survival mode.  If it detects that you are losing what it feels is too much weight or not eating enough, it will slow down so you can live longer in tough times (like when the cave men couldn't find game or other food to eat).  It is a natural thing.

The problem is what do you do when you lose about 10% of your body weight, which is where I am at right now?  The articles say that you have to be even more disciplined about eating a balanced diet with a consistent and appropriate calorie intake to continue to lose weight.  This is made more difficult by the fact that your appetite increases to counter the loss in weight and calorie intake!  Yikes!

In short, keep disciplined about your eating.  Don't rely on working out to offset a poor diet.  Good eating habits feed the workouts and maintaining a healthy weight.  And always remember:  YOU CAN DO THIS!

****************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment