Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Til we see Christ

Our Daily Bread
I went to college in a small Central Kentucky town about eight hours from my family.  There were many trips where I jumped in the car after finishing final exams or a large research paper.  I was tired and frayed.  It was worth all the trouble of my drive when I saw the look on my grandmother's face when I walked in the door!

Our lives are sort of like that.  Some of us have difficult lives.  Some have just ordinary lives.  Some have lives that are not ordinary at all!  Regardless of your journey, it will all be worth it when we see the face of Jesus in our heavenly home!

Lord, thank you for the promise of eternal life with you.  Help us to always remember that we know the ending to this story!

Teaching Tuesday
Secret 13 from the 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People is:
Be open to new ideas.

There is nothing worse than being too set in your ways!  One of the things I learned from my grandmother is to always keep learning and growing.  I always admired her for that!  Studies show that happy people have a good foundation to their lives, but are not rigid.  Try new foods.  Try new places.  Evaluate new ideas.  Look at topic from someone else's perspective.

Are you too rigid?  Are you open to new ideas?  Don't be afraid to try!

****************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment