Friday, August 31, 2012

Directions

Our Daily Bread
There is a well-known joke in United States culture about how men don't like to stop and ask for directions.  I don't know where that came from!  ha!  The only thing harder than getting a man to ask for directions is to get him to turn around and go back!

Our lives in Christ can be like that whether we are male or female.  It can be difficult to ask for direction from God.  It can also be very, very difficult to turn around once we get them!  This is especially true when it comes to sin.  We often confess our sins, but then go right back to doing our "pet" sin(s) over and over.

My pet sin is unbelief.  Some would ask "is that really a sin?".  I believe it is (you are welcome to your own opinion).  Instead of waiting for God to direct me and follow his path, I find my own way towards my goals usually with less than favorable results!  The way I want to live my life is: I will trust in the Lord.  He is worthy to be praised!

I saw this saying on Facebook the other day and like it:
God's plans are soooo much better than our dreams!

Foodie Friday
My ex used to make something like this.  I found this recipe on cooks.com.  It is pretty simple.  I plan to make it for my church dinner tomorrow night.


CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 9-inch unbaked pie shell          
1 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch                      
3 eggs
1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk  
2 tbsp. bourbon
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
4 tbsp. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. pecans


1. Mix together sugar and cornstarch in large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mix. Add sweetened condensed milk, bourbon, chocolate, and butter. Mix well.
2.  Pour into pie shell. Add the pecans in a circular design on top of pie. Bake for 45 minutes in 375°F oven. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.



********************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment