Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Just look around...

Our Daily Bread
I can be a silly old bear at times.  Some things just don't register with me right away even though I am a pretty smart guy.  For example, I have a large bottle of antacid tablets that I fought with for a few days.  I had trouble pulling the cap off.  Finally, one of my coworkers said "Hey, doesn't that cap just twist off?"  DOH!  I looked at the simple instructions on the cap and twisted the cap off with little effort.  Did I mention DOH!?!

I think we are that way with God sometimes.  We see the myriad of amazing things in nature.  We see the myriad of amazing things in our own bodies.  We just don't get it sometimes -- God as creator is the only explanation!  Twist off the cap today!

Lord, thank you for being the creator of all and still wanting to have a relationship with each of us!

Workout Wednesday
Do something
It happens to everyone who exercises at one time or another -- a dreaded injury!  If you have been reading my blog, I started a new approach to eating and exercising in January.  Things have been going very well.  Two months ago, I twisted my ankle while playing tennis.  I took it easy for two weeks and bought some mid height tennis shoes to prevent further injury.  The ankle and lower leg haven't been the same since then.  After my last tennis match of the season, I went to the podiatrist to have it checked.  As I feared, he put me in a brace and told me to limit my activity for three weeks.

We had a discussion about the definition of "limiting my activity".  ha!  I have been under very strict physical restrictions for the most of the past four years, so I wanted clarification.  I am not allowed to do cross fit exercises that stress the lower body (ankle and leg), no running and no walking.  whew!  My walking buddy was not happy to hear that!  I am allowed to ride my recumbent bike, do upper body workouts and use my Bowflex as long as I don't strain the lower leg and ankle.  I can do this!

The point of this discussion is: no matter what your restrictions are, do something!  Search the Internet for low impact exercises you can do at your desk or in front of the TV.  Be fidgety and burn some calories.  Do some kind of activity to keep your body burning calories.  You can do this!

*******************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment