Friday, August 24, 2012

The Truth? Yes we CAN handle the truth!

Our Daily Bread
There is a famous scene in the movie "A Few Good Men" where Jack Nicholson screams at Tom Cruise "The truth?  You can't handle the truth!"  It is amazing how often that is true!

There is one truth that we all need to handle -- the truth of God!  While it is true that, like Jesus' disciples, we have trouble handling the truth of God.  Like the disciples, we have a huge advantage -- the Holy Spirit helps open our eyes, minds and hearts to the truth of God.  The Holy Spirit also helps us accept God's truth and apply it to our lives.  Praise God!

Lord, please help us always be open to your truth!

Foodie Friday
Because of my busy lifestyle, I eat out often.  This can be an expensive proposition unless you work the system!  Here are a few of my tips.

Special deals
I am on several coupon email lists for different restaurants.  One of my favorites is Mimi's Cafe.  I use their BOGO coupon to get supper and then use the free meal for lunch or supper the next day!  I also do the same thing at places like First Watch or using my Entertainment book coupons for this!

I also use the "get two for $20" deals at places like OCharleys and Applebees.  I eat one meal for supper and save the other for lunch or supper the next day

The key is to get and eat what you like while remaining frugal and healthy!  It is a fun challenge to me!

Splitting meals
There are a lot of places that server HUGE portions.  For example, my favorite Chinese carryout has a cashew chicken meal with brown rice for about $10.50.  That may sound a little high for an every day supper unless you split the large portions into two or three meals!  I split the last order into three reasonable meals that were still very filling.  That only cost me about $3.50 per meal!

I also split the large portions at OCharleys and Cheesecake Factory.  MmmMMmm!

Early meals
There are a lot of restaurants that have special pricing for early eaters.  I joke with my friends about eating with the blue hairs, but it works!  There are also places like Bar Louie that have a $1 hamburger deal on Tuesdays or McCormick and Schmick that have a bar happy hour menu that is much cheaper or Max and Ermas where the happy hour menu is very reasonable.  Not bad!

The bottom line is that you can eat out cheap and healthy if you play your cards right!

**********************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment