Friday, June 8, 2012

Believe

Our Daily Bread
Sometimes things just make sense to me.  Often they don't.  ;-p  Just ask my friends!  I remember so clearly a Sunday morning when I was eight years old.  The Sunday School teacher was talking about a lesson much like the devotional discusses today.  When she asked if anyone wanted to accept Jesus, I said "yes".  It just made sense to me.  I wanted Jesus in my young life.

It is a mystery of being human of how some things click with people and other things don't.  Whether it is math or learning a foreign language or science or music or the gift of eternal life from God, some things just click with people and not with others.  Is the gift of eternal life from God clicking with you today?  Do you believe that he died for your sins and wants you to live your life in his love?  Ask him today to forgive you of your sins and let him in!  Click!

Lord, help us all "click" with you each and every moment of every day...

Foodie Friday
I posted this on Facebook earlier this week.  I am posting it here for Foodie Friday!  It is my healthy breakfast casserole.


Here is Duane's version of the breakfast casserole:
9 slices of low cal/low carb whole wheat bread
8 egg whites
1/4 cup skim milk
1 cup sliced Johnsonville Farms chicken sausage (with chipotle seasonings and cheese)
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper ( you can add other colors if you like!)
Spice to taste (I used garlic powder, cajun seasoning, seasoned salt, pepper)

Preheat oven to 350° and grease baking pan with your choice of oil or butter (I used Pam cooking spray). Place bread pieces in pan and distribute evenly. Beat the eggs, milk and any spices you desire (salt, pepper, garlic powder...) and pour over the bread. Add the remaining ingredients and bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and a knife put in the center comes out clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves: 6-10 depending on appetites...
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes

Here is the link to the original recipe for the breakfast casserole below:
http://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=5

*****************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment