Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Experience is the best teacher

Our Daily Bread
I attended a Christian college in a very rural part of Kentucky.  Many of the young adults that attended had never been away from home before.  They had never experienced the "real world".  Like a dry, rural town in Kentucky was the "real world"!  Many found themselves experimenting and being tempted beyond their capability to resist.  Some of the results were heart breaking!

The scripture passage today talks about how blessed is the one that doesn't do these things!  Blessed are the ones that crave experience in God's world!  Learning more from his Word.  Spending time worshiping and praying.  Letting the goodness of God fill your mind and heart so you can brush aside the temptations of this world and practice a godly life!

Lord, please help us focus our life experiences on you.  We are not missing anything by missing out on this world!

Workout Wednesday
Bowflex
When I started working out again, I wanted something I could do at home that wasn't too expensive and would be beneficial to my fitness.  The exercise equipment also had to fit in my basement easily!  I decided on a Bowflex machine.  I found a used one on Craigs List (that was my first and only Craigs List purchase so far).  I got a good deal on it.  I use it regularly.  What do I think of it?

I found the instruction manual to be very easy to read.  It had a large selection of exercises and several recommended workouts depending on your workout goals.  I decided on a 30 minute workout that I augmented a little bit.  I have been adding "resistance" slowly since I am not trying to bulk up.  I am trying to build muscle to facilitate weigh loss and overall fitness.  This has been working!

I didn't really notice the changes until I started going to the cross fit gym.  My strength level had increased where I could handle stuff I couldn't do a few months before.  Woohooo!  I find the combination of all the things I am doing is helping my overall fitness level and health.  Double woohoooo!

I set goals to max out the original 210 pound resistance level by the end of August.  I have the 310 pound resistance addon for the rest of the year!  I want to max out on that level by the end of 2012.  There is a 410 pound kit I can add for 2013!

Whatever you decide to do, make sure it is something you can do consistently.  Decide if you work best by yourself, with others or a combination of the two.  I am the latter.  I sometimes prefer to do a quick workout alone in the morning before work listening to my contemporary Christian music dance mixes.  Thump, thump, thump. Lift, Duanebear, lift!

Hang in there!  You can do this!

********************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment