Monday, June 18, 2012

No fun at all...

Our Daily Bread
When I talk about my college days, some friends and acquaintances ask me what we did for "fun" at a small, dry town in Central Kentucky.  When I tell them about going to the rec center or Bible studies or weekend revival trips or just spending time with close friends (sober and with our clothes on), they don't get it.  They lived a college life of drinking and having sex as much as possible!  I thought that was only on the Animal House kind of movies!

The devotional today is, in my opinion, good advice for a person of any age.  Psalms 119:9-16 gives wise advice for following a "no ordinary life" in God.  In short, it says to learn and meditate on the ways of God through his Word, to praise God, and to follow his Word's teachings.  As one friend put it, "if we spend our time doing the do's of the Bible, we won't have time to do the don'ts!"

Lord, help us follow the instructions in Psalm 119 when we make our own fun!

Movie Monday
I did not get to the movie theater this week.  Oh well.  It was a busy week and a busier weekend.  I had a little time early last week so I turned on the TV.  I watched parts of the Alien movies.  They were all over the cable channels because of the release of Prometheus last weekend.  I always liked those movies.  They were exciting and creepy and suspenseful.  Rent or watch them on cable sometime.  I think you can stream them on one of the movie services as well.

There is not much on at the movies right now.  My most interesting prospect is Madagascar 3.  That is a little scary!

******************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

u r a BCOG.  u r FAWM.  Now believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment