Monday, June 4, 2012

Inside...Out...

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but I have been "fixed up" with both men and women that "are beautiful on the inside" many times in my life.  I am not a shallow person who relies mainly on looks when meeting someone, but these things have never worked out for me.  Having a beautiful 'inside" is the key point of today's devotional.

I like the summary phrase for the devotional:
If God controls you on the inside, you’ll be genuine on the outside.

Genuine, 100% sincere child of God!  What a life goal!  I guess he could even control this naughty tongue of mine if I let him!  ha!  That is a big deal!  Oh well.  What do you need to give over to God?

Lord, please help us let you control the inside so we can be real on the outside!

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Snow White and the Huntsman at the movies this week.  The previews looked awesome, but I was a little skeptical of exactly what I would be seeing.  First, let me talk about the cool parts of the movie (there weren't many):
1. the acting of Charlize Theron was pretty incredible.  Evil.  Pure evil.
2. the special effects were very cool
3. the seven dwarfs were interesting and disturbing all at one time...

So that was it.  The rest of a slow, plodding movie that took way too long to develop and become interesting.  We all know the story.  They tried to tell it a new way.  It was just OK.  I also felt that Kristen Stewart fell back into some Twilight acting moments when she shouldn't have.  Oh well.

I give this one one bear paw.  Rent it.  Don't waste your money at the theater.

****************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment