Monday, June 11, 2012

Circle of Friends

Our Daily Bread
If you didn't see my Facebook update on Saturday night, that is OK.  I am doing fine now.  After a very tiring day, I received a bizarre private message from someone I don't even know (a friend of a friend).  I was very hurt by message because I was weaker than normal.  Usually things like that roll off my back, as they say.

I was hesitant about posting anything about being down because I am a very positive person.  What happened next was amazing -- a circle of friends appeared.  Some folks I hadn't seen in many years, but we stay in contact on Facebook.  I appreciated each message very much.  You never quite know how many folks read your Facebook postings (or this blog).  It was a blessing to have that support even if it was virtual.

What if we all do this on Facebook and in our every day lives?
Reach out in friendship and encourage the lonely; energize the weary.

Thank you all for energizing me!

Lord, I know how much I appreciate it when others reach out to me.  Help me reach out to others.

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Prometheus 3D Friday night after work.  After reading reviews about the regular version and the 3D version, I paid the extra money for the 3D version.  I was not disappointed.

What was the movie like?  It was not Aliens or Bladerunner, classic SciFi movies that were also directed by Ridley Scott.  It was, however, an interesting movie in its own right.  It had scary moments.  It had intense moments. It has incredible scenery and special effects.  It just didn't sustain it all throughout the two hour movie.  It kept my attention -- just not my interest.  Does that make sense?  There were also some moments I call "What did I just see and why did I just see it?"  hehehe

See this movie at the theater if you are a scifi junkie.  It is worth seeing on the big screen.

I give it two and a half bear paws.  That is pretty good in my book!

*********************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will catch you and hold you in his loving arms!



No comments:

Post a Comment