Friday, June 1, 2012

I can see clearly now...

Our Daily Bread
I installed some home theater components last weekend.  I have been playing with them and hadn't taken the time to do the permanent installations.  I mounted the nice, large screen to the wall and the HD projector to the ceiling.  One of the trickiest parts of the installation is to get the project just right -- the right distance from the screen and the correct focus.  I finally it set correctly.

Our relationship with God can be that way, according to the devotional.  We can set the focus of our lives on the wrong things.  That can cause blurriness and confusion!  I know I was confused and upset when I couldn't get my project focused correctly on the screen!  ;-p  Read Colossians 3:1-12 as the writer talks about this topic.  It is pretty amazing stuff!

Foodie Friday
Here is a nice summer salad dish to make for picnics or cookouts.  I love this dish!


SEVEN LAYER PEA SALAD
from COOKS.COM
1 head lettuce, shredded
1/2 c. chopped onions
2 c. salad dressing
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
7 boiled eggs
1/2 c. chopped celery
2 boxes frozen peas
3 tbsp. sugar
Jar of bacon bits

Layer lettuce, celery, onions, peas, then spread salad dressing on top of
peas, then sprinkle sugar over salad dressing, then add cheese, bacon
bits and top with sliced boiled eggs

Notes:
I prefer to use freshly friend bacon that I cut up instead of the bacon bits.  Do NOT use the fake bacon bits!  hehehe  The seven hard boiled eggs seems like a lot, but it is worth it!

*************************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment