Monday, June 25, 2012

God can use anything...

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever met someone and thought "how could God ever use that person?".  Have you ever looked in the mirror and asked "How could God ever use that person?"  ;-p  It is amazing to me how God can use anything to reach us if we are just open to him!

The devotional tells an amazing story about this.  God used pureed food as a way to reach someone with his salvation!  Pureed food!  I think I can be just as useful as pureed food!  Maybe not?  ha!  In short, a man with health problems required pureed food because of his swallowing condition.  The Christian nursing home was a safe, clean place that offered good care and pureed food (when other places didn't offer the latter).   That simple thing, we are talking pureed food here, opened the door to this man and his wife accepting Christ into their lives!

God can use the simplest of things -- even us if we let him!

Lord, please help us to look in the mirror and say "here am I, Lord, use me"

Movie Monday
Not much at the movies this week so I went to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer.  I noticed the previews several months ago.  I was skeptical to say the least.  I had no idea what to expect other than Ol' Abe kickin' some vampire butt.  To my pleasant surprise, the movie had great action, very scary vampires, and some historical fact/fiction mixed in for good measure!  By the end of the movie, I really wanted to care for the characters.  There were lots of surprises.  Like any movie or show I see, there were the "what did I just see and why did I just see it" moments, but they were few.

I give this movie two bear paws.  It was very bloody, so be warned if you are squeamish.  See it at the theater for the scary effects.

********************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment