Friday, June 15, 2012

I found it!

Our Daily Bread
When I was a teenager, the Southern Baptist Convention launched a witnessing campaign, including lots of advertising, called "I Found It".  Those three words were supposed to get people to ask "What did you find?".  While the concept seemed a little hokie at the time (and even more so today), there a lot of great results!  We rejoiced each time someone found God!

That is the point of today's devotional -- rejoicing when others find God.  There is a catch.  We must be willing to share our faith with others so that can happen!  I love the scripture passage that talks about the lost coin.  I have to admit that, like the woman who searched and searched for her coin, that I probably haven't made that much effort to share my faith with someone looking for a treasure in Heaven!  I need to work on that.

Lord, please help us share the good news of Jesus with everyone we can...and then rejoice when they join your kingdom!

Foodie Friday
Nothing too fancy this week!  I found an unusual sale at Meijer the other day.  They had pub burgers and shiskkabobs for $2 per pound!  They are usually much higher than that!  It was a limited time offer as they had too many on hand.  They were not going to be able to sell them after that night.  I bought a few pounds of each and threw them on the grill when I got home.

Pub burgers
The pub burgers had special seasonings that I hadn't seen in a grocery store meat counter before.  There were two choices: pepper or rosemary.  They were one inch thick burgers, probably ground sirloin the way they cooked up, with either the pepper or rosemary on the outside edge.  I bought the pepper version.  Mmmmmm!  I think I would pay full price for these!  They were great!  They had just the right amount of pepper on them.  They were not too fatty (as some pre-formed burger patties can be).  Very tasty!  Give them a try today (even at full price!).

Shishkabobs
Every time I see these pre-made at the grocery, I want to buy them.  They are usually too expensive for my taste.  I don't usually take the time to cut up the veggies and meat to make my own (though I do have a nice skewer set given to me at Christmas one year).  I bought the beef ones.  They had tender beef, green peppers, yellow peppers, onions and tomatoes.  I sprinkled them with a little salt and pepper after cooking.  Very tasty!  You could also top them with your favorite sauce such as teriyaki sauce.  They also had chicken ones as well.  They are worth paying full price for as well!

**************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment