Saturday, June 13, 2015

In memorial - Lawrence "Chevy" Chevalier

Simply Saturday

Lawrence Chevalier - No Ordinary Life

I lost a dear friend this week. My friend, Mark, lost the love of his life. I met "Chevy" the first week I moved to Columbus, Ohio in 2003. We became quick friends as we saw each other at work and in the Columbus Gay Mens Chorus activities. It seemed like we were destined to be friends because we could talk about anything -- singing, playing the tuba, our medical conditions, our relationships, and professional stuff. I was always impressed by his intelligence and kindness. We sometimes celebrated our birthdays together since his was one day before mine.

He was one of the few people that could bring out the "teenage girl" mindset in me when we talked about men. I was so happy for him when he met Mark. I told Mark recently that the reason Chevy kept fighting for his life through all of his medical issues was so he could spent as much time with him as possible. Chevy was just that way.

I will remember the laughter. I will remember his effervescent smile. I will remember him as a freakin' phoenix rising from the ashes of his medical issues over and over. I will remember his expressive eyes that could speak volumes from deep within him.  I will miss you, Chevy. I know everyone else will, too.

Your life was definitely not ordinary.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment