Friday, June 5, 2015

Sincere heart

Our Daily Bread
I was talking to my roomie about my exercise habits, or the lack of them, last night. He was trying hard to give me advise and motivate me. Motivation is not something I usually lack! At one point, I told him "My mind knows what to do, but I can make my butt get up and do it!"  LOL

We can be that way in our spiritual lives at times. We know in our minds and hearts what we need to, but we can't make ourselves do it. It is a shame because we have no excuse! Praying and asking God to help us help ourselves is the way out of this conundrum. 

Can we pray for each other today?

Foodie Friday
I tried the Firebirds Wood Fired Grill last night with my roomie. I really liked the ambiance of the place, including the light wood fire grill smell during your stay. The scent is enough to enjoy, but doesn't sink into your clothes for the rest of the evening. 

I had the onion rings for an appetizer. They were very, very good with the roasted garlic ranch dipping sauce. I ate the peppered sirloin with loaded baked potato for my meal. I skipped a salad and dessert. My roommate had the grilled salmon with veggies and sautéed spinach.  He went on and on about how the good the spinach was. We found out they sautéed it in garlic butter and add a little steak seasoning to it. Very tasty!

My only complaint was the bread. Great restaurant. Sucky bread. Give it a try. You might like it. 

The service was excellent.

This is sort of pricey with my mean running about the same as going to J. Alexanders or J. Gilberts. It is worth it.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment