Monday, June 29, 2015

Resistance is....

Our Daily Bread
If you like Star Trek, then you know the rest this statement -- Resistance is futile!  LOL I don't how many times I have said this phrase when joking with friends! I had no idea I would use it in a blog entry about my spiritual life.

Resisting the Holy Spirit really is futile for the child of God. We waste time. We waste our energy. We waste opportunities for service. What a waste! Let us pray each day that we are open to the prodding and leadership of the Holy Spirit. Let us resist sin and temptation instead! May the Lord be with us!

Movie Monday
I saw a couple of movies last week.

Magic Mike XXL
No, this isn't my usual kind of movie. I got to see it for free, so I thought I would go for the people watching (which was hilarious BTW). XXL is the sequel to the Magic Mike movie a few years ago about male strippers in Southern Florida. It is endearing because of their little family atmosphere, but upsetting with all the drug use and promiscuous sex. Oh well. I liked the story line. The stripper routines were not my cup of tea, though there was one that was very hot...

I give this two bear paws. It is a guilty pleasure rental on a cold Saturday night in my opinion, unless you want to see lots of six packs on the big screen.

Ted 2
I didn't care for the first one very much, but I thought I would see this one for free and hang out with one of my buddies. Ted 2 was much better than Ted in my opinion. Maybe I am just desensitized to this character. Not sure. It was OK. Some very funny parts. Some very stupid parts. My favorite line in the movie was Ted talking to his new bride on his wedding night "I am going fifty shades of bear on you tonight!"  OMG, ROFL

I give this one bear paw. Another guilty pleasure. Make sure the kids aren't watching.

The Woman in Gold
Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds give great performances in this movie about an Austrian Jewish woman who is trying to reclaim the art work stolen by the Nazis in WWII. It is based on a true story. The historical context and flashbacks are amazing. What an amazing childhood she had. It is all very touching.

I give this one four bear paws. See it any way you can.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment