Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Step out or watch?

Our Daily Bread
For most of my life, I have noticed the behaviors of other. I like the people watch. One behavior pattern I noticed is the tendency to NOT step out and try something new, but rather make fun of those who do when they aren't successful! 

We don't really know what the disciples did when Peter stepped off the side of that boat and tried to walk on water towards Jesus. Did they cower in fear? Did they try to stop him? Did they make fun of him when he failed?  We can be sure of one thing -- Peter stepped out in faith. None of the rest of them did!

As the devotional asked: who really failed in this story? Was it really Peter or was it the other disciples for not even trying?

As we live our lives, let us be like Peter. Stepping out in faith despite the weather or other circumstances, even if the others around us are frozen in fear!

Wellness Wednesday
I found some apps to help me with my relaxation and exercise, especially for a short 10-15 minute workout/movement break now that I work at home. 

SWORKIT Lite is a free app that has many different workout options like strength, cardio, yoga, stretching or create a custom workout. You can do these workouts in five minute increments. Very cool! It is available for iOS. Not sure about Android

Simply Yoga (free) is a free app that has options for 20, 40 or 60 minute yoga routines. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it is "guy friendly" if you know what I mean!  Interesting app!

Health apps - both Android and iOS have Health apps now to help you keep track of your health in one place. It can integrate with other apps such as Garmin Connect and Lose It.

Be healthy!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment