Monday, June 22, 2015

Transition

Our Daily Bread
It never ceases to amaze me how God works! It is too amazing to be coincidence! I found today's Our Daily Bread devotional  to be perfect for me! I start my new job today! 

Transitioning any parts of our life can be difficult and scary. I know I will miss my coworkers at my old job, but I will be working with some folks that I know. That will be cool. The new responsibilities will be cool, but also a little scary. Does all of this sound like when the children of Israel finally got to enter their promised land? Yes! What was the message that God sent through Joshua:
“Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

I will remind myself of this verse today, this week, the first few months as I make my transition to the new job. How about you?

Movie Monday
I saw Inside Out this weekend. Some friends at church talked about it, so I gave it a shot. I don't usually see cartoon movies like that the first weekend they come out.

I must say it is very good! I was surprised at how insightful it was! The plot of the movie is the feelings inside the head of a 12 year old girl (and sometimes other characters) and how they influence her behavior.  The girl's family moves from Minnesota to San Francisco, so there are a LOT of feelings going on! 

I give this four bear paws. It was quite charming. This one can be watched at home unless you just have to see it sooner rather than later!

PS: I am going to write my Saturday blog entry about the spiritual implications of this movie that struck me while watching it!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment