Monday, June 8, 2015

Tickle, tickle

Our Daily Bread
I had a close friend after college that loved to sleep in. When I stayed overnight at his house, which was a lot, his mom gave me the unenviable task of waking him up in the morning. I used to start softly,then rolled out the ultimate weapon -- tickling -- if he didn't get up! LOL 

Well, I don't think God will tickle us to wake us up in our spiritual lives. He sends his Holy Spirit to us to rouse us from our sleepy ways. He lets us suffer the pain of separation from him. He loves us and welcomes us back when we finally turn our lives to him. Unfortunately, this can happen many times in just one week! Yikes!

Let us always turn our hears and minds to him!

Movie Monday
Amazon Streaming Services has special rental deals at times. Most of the movies aren't anything that I want to watch, but I found the rental for St Vincent for 99 cents over the weekend.

St Vincent
This is the latest movie with Bill Murray, the legendary comedian. This role was very funny in places, very moving in places. Bill plays a old curmudgeon of a man who befriends the new neighbor next door. There are lots of funny and inappropriate things throughout the movie. The last part of the movie will take you by surprise. I don't want to ruin it for you.

I give this movie three bear paws. Available for rental on iTunes or Amazon.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment