Tuesday, June 23, 2015

They are not just weeds

Our Daily Bread
I don't know about you, but I lost my love and fascination for dandelions a looonnnggg time ago! I try to rid my yard of them all season long. The devotional today reminded me of my childhood love of dandelions.

Dandelions can be one example of how to look at something in different ways. A child can look at a dandelion as a beautiful flower. Someone from the South can look at them as a tasty salad. I look at them as weeds! We can look at the fall of creation as the same thing. God reminds us that he sent his only begotten Son to renew the relationship with him. That ain't no weed!

Teaching Tuesday
I took the time to read two more chapters in the Mindless Eating book. It seems to me that the book is made up of one main tenet, then finishes out the book by repeating well-known eating traps. It is a nice reference for most of them in one place, so it is a good review for me. A review that I need to incorporate into my daily life!

The main tenet of the book is that we could easily eat 20% less and not really miss it. Very easily. I am trying that in each and every meal. I am also starting to exercise again, so it is hard to tell about weight loss at this point.

The "review" items are things like use smaller plates or bowls, eat only until you aren't hungry (not until you are full) and watch, watch, watch your portions!

I will continue to read as I have time. I need the review!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment